Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My harmony remote 700 batteries won't charge. Have had than

Customer Question

Customer: my harmony remote 700 batteries won't charge. Have had for less than 3 months
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been charging for 3 hours. the icon shows it charging but when I unplug it shows PleaseCharge your remote with empty battery icon and a do not icon
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok if what ever you tell me to do works to fix the problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

As the first step I want to reset the remote.

To do this, Press and hold the Menu button (located above the Channel Up button) and the Off button together for 20 seconds. The remote screen will turn off, then turn on again displaying the image of a remote and a circular arrow. After a few seconds your remote will be restored to factory defaults

Then setup the remote like you did when you first received it and tell me if it now charges please.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didnt set this up. Geek squad did. What you described will not work. I'm calling them. you are probably very skilled but this website and its interface is not. Hope I'm not charged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
going thru pages of deals offered was annoying and confusing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok.. I am not sure the issue as you are replying to me now, but no problem, all the best.

For a refund, please contact customer service on***@******.***