Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a pair of EV SX300 speakers. I think one of the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. My name is ***** *****e. I have a pair of EV SX300 speakers. I think one of the tweeters has blown. is it an easy repair? I'm no electronics expert but I can probably do straightforward repairs.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Errrr.... One side is not as sibilant as the other. This issue has only just surfaced. We had it stored in a room that became slightly cold and humid, and although only for a short period was wondering if this had caused the damage?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I am. However I am now due to go out so I will return to the site later if that's ok. There is no immediate rush. Thanks. DLC
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Yes this can be easily repaired- you will need to replace the tweeter diaphram, or the entire horn driver (both of which attach with screws, but the horn driver is easier to replace). In order to do this, EV uses the part number on the horn driver itself- so I would need you to remove the horn, and pull the part number off of the back of the horn driver to assist further.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

You can also contact Encompass Parts directly below and they'll get you what you need:

http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/EV/Replacement-Service-Parts.html