Wayde Alfarone
Wayde Alfarone, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer at Critical Mass/Icon Enterprises
82296607

What does E1 mean on an Omroon BP785 and how do I fix it?

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. E1 is saying that there is an air leak, and means one of three things:

1. The air hose isn't on tight enough. Check to make sure the air hose is securely fastened.
  2. The arm cuff isn't attached properly. Be sure that it's nice and snug on your arm before applying air.
  3. The arm cuff has a leak. Replace the arm cuff.

Take a look at the air hose, it's easy to bump it loose. Tell me what you find. If you find that your air cuff is leaking, I'll help you find a replacement.

Expert:  Wayde Alfarone replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** error simply means that the cuff is not properly placed on your arm for measurement.

It is possible that the cuff is leaking or the hose is not connected properly but more often than not it's a position issue.

Please make sure you inspect the hose and cuff, the follow the instructions for proper arm placement.

These are the only listed causes for a E1 code. If all of these things are correct, the unit will need to be serviced by Omron.

I hope this takes care of the problem. If not, feel free to contact me for information on servicing. I hope my service was satisfactory. If so, please rate me accordingly ~Wayde~