Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

Thanks site! Given a 3v power source (2xAA batteries) and a

Customer Question

Hey, thanks for this site!
Given a 3v power source (2xAA batteries) and a microcontroller, what's the simplest cheapest way to generate a 3.6v 30ms 500mA pulse (to control a solenoid)?
- Ken
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

To do this you would want to use a voltage doubler using two 10mF (10000uF) capacitors.

Put one cap to ground, and use a fixed resistor to charge it to 3v.

The second with 2 resistors, one to ground, one to 3v, using the largest resistors you can.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.