John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Remote wont work tv. plugged into computer but wont receive

Customer Question

remote wont work tv. plugged into computer but wont receive signal from samsung remote
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Not sure what you're saying here- but the Harmony does not "receive" anything from the Samsung remote- that's not how the Harmony works.

Please explain in more detail exactly what the problem is and exactly what you've tried so far.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
harmony remote doesnt change channels, sound on samsung tv. logitech on computer told me to plug harmony into computer with usb cord and put samsung remote 2-5 inches from it and press start button to send signal to harmony but it isnt working
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

When using the Logitech software, did you simply try entering the TV's model number from the drop down box during setup?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it didnt ask for it. it hasnt changed
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me ask you this- are you using a Cable Box with the set? If so, channels changing and possibly the sound- would be related to the cable box and not the TV.