Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My Conrol 4 system appears to be frozen. The wall panel says

Customer Question

My Conrol 4 system appears to be frozen. The wall panel says connection press and hold for configuration. When I do two boxes come up network and director. It does nothin else. I have tried unplugging the control 4 unit to restart. Did nothinhg
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Rose,

Did you recently have any thunderstorms or power outages, or anything else that could have disrupted the system?

To reset everything power it all off and restart your wireless network as well, then turn it all back on.

Let me know if there is any improvement...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried re booting the control 4 box and the Internet. It did not change anything. I thought the power must have gone out but it hadn't. Looks like system froze or died. I need to figure out how to disconnect from control 4 so we can connect cable directly to our tvs.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rose,

You can take the cables from whatever source you want to use (DVD player, cable TV, etc) and plug them directly into your TV to bypass the Control4 system.