Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My second phone line ***-***-**** is not working. When the

Customer Question

My second phone line ***-***-**** is not working. When the number is ***** , you hear a busy signal. If I try to use it I hear static noise.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds to me like either a VoIP problem, or perhaps a line-check sort of problem, or possibly a phone system or PBX configuration or performance difficulty.

So: Is your phone line service VoIP ? that is, digital phone service, Comcast phone, UVerse phone, Vonage, MagicJack, etc.

Or is your phone line service the 'landline' or POTS phone service type? if so, I advise you to contact your phone company, and ask them to do a line check on ***-***-****, which shows signs of not just noise but of being out of order.

They'll be pleased to do the line check, it ought to cost you nothing extra, when a phone co. is alerted to a line problem, it is usually a favor to them since it notifies them of a potential problem area in their service.

If you have a PBX or a phone system box, I'd advise you first of all to check as to whether the lines / cables are still plugged in properly... and let me know, so that I may advise you further. Thanks.