Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 that refuses to work. It's

Customer Question

I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 that refuses to work. It's plugged in and I have unplugged it and plugged it back in. When I hover over the Print button with my mouse it says "offline". What can I do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you connect the Dymo LabelWriter 450 printer to the computer with a USB cable?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The part of it that plugs into the computer is a USB cable but the part that plugs into the Dymo Labelwriter has a square end and is not a USB cable. I'm sending a photo of the non-USB end.

Thank you for replying back. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer? And/or what's the brand / model of your computer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Since I do not have the model of your computer yet, I'm just going to provide a general solution for now:

- For Windows computer,

1. Disconnect the printer's cable from the computer for now.
  2. Open Control Panel.
    ; (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)
  3. Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers. (Or open Printers.)
  4. Right-click on the Dymo printer and remove / delete it for now. Make sure there is no Dymo printer showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect the printer's cable securely from printer to computer.
  7. Wait a bit and the printer should automatically be re-installed.
  8. Check printing.

- For Mac computer:

2. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then open Print & Scan... (or Print & Fax.)
  3. Click on the Dymo printer, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left, and delete the printer for now. Make sure there is no Dymo printer showing there for now.
  4. Make sure printer is powered on.
  5. Re-connect the printer's cable securely from printer to computer.
  6. Click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, and it should detect your printer, then add it.
  7. Then check printing.

If it does not work, please let me know if you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.