John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My Bose lifestyle 48 system has started to start up and

Customer Question

Customer: My Bose lifestyle 48 system has started to start up and begin playing the stored CDs on it'sown randomly. This happens day or night and I cannot see what to do as there seems to be no setting that I can chane to stop this behavior. Have you heard of this behavior befor?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After using it for several years with no problem it just started and had persisted the last several times Ihave set it up I can not see anything dose to the system that might have caused this behavior to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

As an initial diagnostic step, can you please try taking the batteries out of any remote that you are using to control the bose (bose remote, cable/sat remote, etc), and leave them out.

Wait and observe if the problem continues, and let me know the results.

I realize this may take a day or even longer, so feel free to bookmark/favorite this page and get back in touch with me when convenient for you to do so.