Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My auto attendant option is ON when I want it off, but 't

Customer Question

my auto attendant option is ON when I want it off, but don't know how to turn it off
NEC model IP4WW-12TXH-B-TEL
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

At first glance, I suspected that your question might relate to a function, not of your phone, but rather of your phone station's system box, that is to say the box (usually in an equipment closet or back room) that runs your local or office phone system.

On some research on this type of phone, I turned up indications that the Auto Attendant feature is probably on the phone system box, but that you may be able to change its settings (or rather, your 'status' as to the Auto Attendant.) This changing of status is done by pressing the Auto-Attendant function key.

Which key on your phone is the Auto-Attendant key? that's hard to say. The indication I turned up seems to say

SC751+79+Ext. No.

whatever that means precisely.

It might be tedious, but if your phone is programmed with (or intrinsically has) an Auto-Attendant key, then you should be able to find out which one it is, by pressing the HELP key followed by another key... which should make the phone state what function is assigned to that key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will rate this as a zero between 0 and 10You didn't answer the question. you spoke with a forked tounge. Completely useless.COMPLETELY
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Does your phone have an Auto Attendant button clearly labeled?

If not, it needs to have the one programmed for it found.

Does it have the HELP button, at the upper right? if so, use that. If not, my attempt at advising you has been useless - so far.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it was clearly labeled, I wouldn't need your services.Its buried somewhere in the menu options, which I can't find. THATS WHY I NEED HELPPlease offer step by step instructions or don't helpYour dialogue is completely worthless
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If it were worthless, you wouldn't answer.

If you won't respond to my queries in any direct fashion, it *will* be worthless for me, or anyone, to try to assist you.

So I simply need to know:

Is the button at the upper right on your phone the HELP button? try it. Let me know. That's all I need at this point, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked a direct question, you gave me NO direct answer. NONE. Hence, I gave you a zero rating. Answer my question, you get a 10, don't answer, you get a zero. It is that simple
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

It's obviously useless for me to try to assist you, and I am making no progess on it.

I have opened up your question and case for all or any other Expert or Experts to have a try at it. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a help button in the upper right hand corner