Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a CB radio base station trying to talk to truckers

Customer Question

I have a CB radio base station trying to talk to truckers driving through metal silos roughly 250 feet away. they have trouble communicating with the drivers when they are in the last 2 silos, trying to figure out best solution
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the base station & the truck's CB radios. Additionally, please describe the power supply, the antenna and type of coaxial cable used for both.

Still, who has the trouble receiving; the base operator or the truckers please?

Offhand, possible / proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to improve/change antenna(s).