Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

Rusty hope you can help me. Have recorded with Sonar 6 few

Customer Question

Hi Rusty hope you can help me. Have recorded with Sonar 6 for a few years. Use a Dakota and Montana Adat sound card in the computer. Use a frontier tango Converter to input from an analogue recording board with 1/4 inch in and light pipe to the computer. I set my Dakota on the computer to internal clock and the frontier to optical setting. that makes the connection. Can the x32 behringer be set to work with the Dakota Montana Sonar system with the behringer addat card?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

The x32 doesn't have ADAT, it uses USB. I've checked compatibility with Sonar 6, and it doesn't look to be 100% compatible. The trick when working with DAW software and an interface, is to follow these rules:

1. The DAW software must be compatible with your computer's OS version.
  2. The interface must be compatible with the OS version.
  3. The interface must also be compatible with the DAW.

It is a 3 way communication, which can make it tricky. Is it showing up in your I/O settings in Sonar? How about in Device Manager?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds simple that they are not compatible however i purchaced anx32 with and 8 lighpipe card and not the usb sorry not god enough thanks anyway
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

You didn't tell me that part, that is ADAT, but still the x32 isn't 100% compatible with Sonar. Not all interfaces work with all DAWs. Please answer my question, is it showing up in your i/o settings?