Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Can I use kies to xfer the photos that seem to be stuck on

Customer Question

can I use kies to xfer the photos that seem to be stuck on my sanyo "juno" phone? would the 2.6 version be better than the current one? my brain doesn't seem to have the bandwidth to absorb all this stuff.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is*****'m sorry to hear about your loss.

It depends on the model of your phone that the pictures are in. There are couple of easy ways to do this if your phone supports it. For example, you can simply install dropbox on the phone and then copy the files to dropbox and make them available to you want any device. On most phones, you can connect the phone to your computer through a USB cable and then access the phone as you would a hard drive or external storage. It should show up as a drive letter on your computer. Then you can copy from the phone to the computer just like you would regular files. But again this does depend on what type of phone you have that you're copying the files from.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oops...thought I made it clear, my phone model is JUNO. I've already tried xferring the photos to my computer through a usb....just comes up with a message telling me it can't find the device, and there is no driver info to be found. this is what my computer says. it's a Toshiba lap top bought in 2012, and runs windows 7. the sanyo...juno was also purchased in 2012. I went to staples last night, and the guy there took off the back of the sanyo.....and there doesn't seem to be a sims card in there. don't believe it came with one installed. damn.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?

Thank you for the information. I believe the model number is SCP-2700.

If that's the case, you may need special software. There is software that's made for doing this specifically on this type of phone. It is called BitPim.

http://bitli.es/rtBd54

Yes, I am here but please be patient because it takes me some time to reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okey dokey.sorry I'm a little skeptical...had a bad experience on here once. expert didn't come close to answering my query....but I was charged anyway. xo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay...unable to call me. how would I get this software? does this cost a fortune? would you suggest that I call boost again, and ream the heck out of them? I dunno.

I gave you the link for the software above.

Did you see that?

I tried to accept the call but received a message that there was an issue with your payment method.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oops....I clicked the link after I sent the last message. seems it's free. I'm terribly frightened of losing these photos. yes, you can call me...but I'm baffled about my cr. crd being declined. how, do I go about inputting the info again? perhaps I fat fingered the numbers.

Sorry I'm not sure about that. I don't see the customer side of things. Customer service could answer that though... you should see a contact us link on your page somewhere.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on the phone with customer serv. now...and apparently the first charge went through, but then the card declined subsequent chrgs. the rep told me to call my cr. crd company. what the livin heck is THAT all about. guess i'll try. whilst waiting for c.s. to answer my call... I looked at the BitPim site, and can't find the sanyo /juno product number that needs supporting.

The model number is ***** I determined that to most likely be SCP-2700 as I mentioned above. It is usually under the battery, but the model number I have is close enough since it is the sprint model number.