Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Safe door appears jammed. Movers we think. Repeatedly tried

Customer Question

Safe door appears jammed. Movers we think. Repeatedly tried combination company entered original combination without getting the door to open. Model is A5835 andthe number AD-946678 on the door.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you to try entering the default combination, since if the company entered the original combination without getting the door to open, then either

A. they didn't set the new combination right, and so it's invalid, and the previous (or, the default) combination is still valid, or

B. if the safe appears genuinely damaged, really bent or dented etc. anywhere (presumably, in moving, if it had no such damage before) then no combination will work, it may have to be broken open. That's a worst-case scenario, and I'm not quite sure I should mention it but your question does suggest something of the sort as possible.

The model # ***** suggests that you have a Sentry Safe of this model:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/117/A5835_FIRE-SAFE_Advanced_Business_Safe

which if so is reasonably good news: Sentry Safes' support of their products is quite good, and if the original owner of a Sentry Safe needs help getting their combination back or similarly, then the Sentry Safe website contains some helpful resources to follow toward that end.

As for what the default combination for a Sentry Safe of that model would be, that depends upon the factory-set combination or 'factory code', of course. Either you were supplied with it upon purchasing the safe, or applying to Sentry Safes would allow you to obtain that code.

You could also try either

1111

or

11111

or

0000

or

00000

which are frequently used as-shipped default codes.