Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Do you get an 'E' on the display, or is there an 'L', or perhaps a longer code on the display?
You machine might need to be reset in this fashion:
- look under the paper roll(s), for a battery compartment. Remove at least one of those batteries.
- then unplug the cash register.
- wait several minutes or longer.
- turn the register key to REG mode.
- plug it in again to the power, and if it has a power switch, turn it On as well.
- there should be three beeps.
- put the battery or batteries back in, and set the time and date. All data on the register has been erased, but it should work again if you've gotten this far.
The above reset might not be appropriate for, or might not work, in your particular problem's case, so tell me more about the details, esp. what shows on the display, and I will advise you as appropriate.