Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

CAN,T GET INTO MY SAFE NOW.BATTERIES MAYBE OUT. HOW DO I

Customer Question

CAN,T GET INTO MY SAFE NOW.BATTERIES MAYBE OUT. HOW DO I GAIN ACCESS TO IT?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Michael and welcome!

Thank you for your question; I will be glad to assist you. First, I need to know the manufacturer of your safe--is it Sentry?

Do you know the model number?

Are you 100% sure of your combination?

Thanks for your additional information that will enable me to help you better. After you reply, please allow me a little time to send your detailed answer.

Best wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Michael.

I was hoping to hear back from you, but I can send my answer now, so you don't have to wait any longer, and then, if you need any more information, just click 'Reply.'

If your safe is made by Sentry and has a ROUND combination key pad, turn the outer rim of the keypad to the right, from the 12:00 position to the 2:00 position and remove; you will see the battery holder inside. Remove the old batteries and replace with new ones--alkaline or lithium for electronics, only--no rechargeable. Replace the battery holder inside and screw the keypad back on, to the left, but don't over-tighten.

If you have a rectangular keypad, look at the plastic panel under the keypad; to the left, you will see a tiny hole; stick a pen point or the end of a paper clip in there and hold it there, while you slide the plastic panel off, to the right. In side, you will see the battery holder. Insert new batteries, as instructed above.

If you see any corrosion (rust/leaked battery acid), clean it off with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

Replace the plastic panel by sliding it back on, to the left.

When using your key, turn it to release the cylinder and REMOVE it before entering your combination. You will have up to 5 seconds in between number entries and you must turn down the handle to open the door after the last entry within 4 seconds. If the handle won't turn down, turn it up. Also, make sure the handle is in the absolute horizontal position before starting the opening process.

If your safe is not made by Sentry, please let me know and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Michael.

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going and I hope all is well! : )

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful or if you need more information. I'll be happy to continue to help you and all you have to do is click 'Reply.'

I look forward to your reply.

Warmest wishes,

Cher