Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Kindle (model D00901) which has a very weak

Customer Question

I have a Kindle (model D00901) which has a very weak battery. Ever since I have had this thing (about 3 years) the battery has been weak and does not last long (by comparison with others). It lasts about 3 days as compared to a month or so for others. Can I get and install a replacement battery. I am a bit tech savvy.
Dennis Grant *****
Normanhurst NSW 2076
Australia
+61294892900
+61414095430
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we would then proceed with battery replacement.

That involves splitting the kindle case in half essentially, removing the battery, and swapping in the new one. You can purchase a kit with the battery, instructions, and necessary tools here: http://amzn.to/1YbcvpE

You may want to consider replacing the kindle entirely at this point however, as you can get a brand new kindle fire or basic for little more than the cost of just a new battery: http://amzn.to/1YbcvWI

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgwli

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.