Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

I found the combination to my safe I bought 15 years ago....

Customer Question

I found the combination to my safe I bought 15 years ago.... but I can't make it work ... I figure im not hitting the right number of turns left and right .....four numbers in the combo...
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Kurt and welcome!

If your safe is made by Sentry, here are the directions for the correct dialing sequence for a 4-number combo:

First, 'clear' the dial by turning it gently a few times, to the left or the right (make full revolutions).

Turn the dial to zero.

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) four times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination three times, stopping on it the fourth time).

Turn the dial to the right (clockwise) three times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number twice, stopping on it the third time).

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) two times to the third number of the combination (pass the third number of your combination one time, stopping on it the second time).

Turn the dial to the right to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).

------------------------------

If your safe is not made by Sentry, please let me know the manufacturer and also, please let me know the model number, whether made by Sentry or another company, if these instructions don't get the safe open. I have some other tips for you, if that happens.

Please let me know how things go, and if this helped. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much! A bonus is also always welcomed!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, at no additional charge.

Best regards,
Cher