Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Need help with Polycom Soundstation 2w troubleshooting.

Customer Question

Polycom Soundstation 2w is not working. It is showing 'please wait'.

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think the Soundstation is not initializing properly.

Try this:

Try removing the batteries if any, and unplugging the device from power and other connections, and leaving it on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the device again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure, I'll leave it tonight.

BTW, I want to tell you more about what I've tried to save it. Hope you can find the exact solution for the problem. I tried register with base station but showing register failed.

Downloaded the latest version of update on http://support.polycom.com/Pol…

Connected the phone to the PC and tried update. But after all steps, application shows update failed. I tried restore to default and reboot the phone in the admin menu in the phone. Attached are the photos of phone and base. The detailed information of this phone: CVM:7.6c DSP: S2W.CON.01.607 CPLD:1.06

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Given that all those operations simply 'failed', I think that your Polycom phone most likely has a serious electronics operating or control defect that would require repair.