chester298
chester298,
69243481

Ricoh auto 8p triscope: Film feed through projector is not

Customer Question

Ricoh auto 8p triscope: Film feed through projector is not constant. spuratic at best. can it be mechanically adjusted ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, if that is not constant it possibly the motor is faulty. The speed that must give the motor is possibly low or out of timing.

There is no mechanical adjustment on that case.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The motor is variable speed , min. or max. does not change the feed problem. With film threaded completely through to the take up reel, the feed rack is reciprecating constantly but the film is not advancing constantly. It will feed a few frames, stop, then a few more. Like the fingers arent moving forward enough to catch the notches on the film...

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

I think the problem is the timing. check your chain belt if moves freely. If yes the motor is the primary suspect.

Try to check this link, CLICK HERE. You can get the parts of that projector or you can transfer the lens of your projector there to fix it.