Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

how do you opena americaneagle safe maded by cannon with

Customer Question

how do you opena americaneagle safe maded by cannon with a push button elec lock on it witj the symbol of a little oblong imprint of cannon at the botton of the numbersand how do I change combination to a new one

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try the default combination that you seem to have cited already:

123456

That's a guess though. Is your safe a gun safe? model 22 by Cannon is indeed a gun safe.

Cannon safe manuals should provide information - provided that you can identify your safe's model correctly - for how to open, and how to set combinations, on your safe:

http://www.cannonsafe.com/safe-manuals.html

But, if you do not have the combination or code, and if you have no source for it, and if it is not a default combination or code (like the one I already mentioned), then you have no way to open it if it is a good safe, except to break into it. Safes are indeed safes - only the cheapest and most worthless of them have 'tricks' that can open them without code combination nor authorization.

If you have a bill of sale for the safe with your name on it, and are thus provably the owner of the safe, you may be able to get a default or factory-set combination for your safe from the manufacturer Cannon safes, if you contact them and are willing to go through a rather stringent set of required procedures to prove you own the safe and are entitled to its default or factory-set code.