Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I just purchase a Cannon calculator P23-DHV. my problem is

Customer Question

Hello my name is Debbie. I just purchase a Cannon calculator P23-DHV. my problem is once I key in a number, the decimal is not showing up. please walk me through the steps. for example. $1.667.195.11, now when I key it this is what I get. $1.66719511. se there is not other decimal in the number there should be a decimal after 667 and 195, please help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Debbie & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble you may be having.

May I ask:

1) The AGE of this device?

2) WHEN you first started using this device?

3) Do you have the operating instructions for the unit?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my first post, but wanted to send the following before I take a break for the evening.

First, if you do NOT have the operation instructions for this unit, I have a link to the electronic (PDF) version below. Most computers and devices have a built-in PDF reader program, so if you click on the link, the instructions document should appear on your screen OR it may prompt you to save it.

Click Link Here -->http://downloads.canon.com/cpr/software/calculator/P23-DHV-%28USA-HWB%29.pdf

One other thing I'm a bit confused about by your question is that you expect that there should be multiple decimal points in the value you are trying to enter. Unless this is some kind of "special" entry, MOST (if not all) dollar entries have TWO decimal places - for the "cents" value.

Also, for MOST of these type calculators, you would use the "decimal switch" for setting the number of places for decimals.

So perhaps you really meant that there should be commas between the 667 and 195 numbers? If so, those are usually inserted "automatically" by these type machines, and you do not even have to enter them in at all - just the numbers.

For example, if you wanted to enter a $12,345.67 value (12 thousand 345 dollars and 67 cents), you would just set the decimal indicator to 2, and then punch in(###) ###-####on the keypad.

One other thing: There are a few videos online that show the basics of how these machines work. I have linked to one below that shows the unit being operated with the decimal indicator set to 2.

Click Here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZQl1Na-Yv4

I hope this makes sense and helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)