Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My Icom 756pro rf sensitivity drops to almost zero but will

Customer Question

my Icom 756pro rf sensitivity drops to almost zero but will pop back up when I key the mike. Sometimes it will run ok for days then will act up again.
Jack Gooding
W9ifx
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jack,

is the reception ok still?

Also what are you powering the unit from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE UNIT IS POWERED BY A ICOM POWER SUPPLY. THE UNIT IS STILL WORKING BUT AT A REDUCED SENSITIVITY
LEVEL. THE UNIT RECOVERS WHEN I KEY THE TRANSMITTER AND THEN RELEASE IT BACK TO RECEIVE.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jack,

This one I think would go better if we could talk. I will send you an offer for only $5.00 Its the least I can offer on this.

But if you agree I will call you at your convenience even now would work work for me.

If not let me know and maybe we can get it this way. It would be much quicker by phone I know that much lol ;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael