Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Repair computer hardware, phones, tablets, televisions, game consoles
62924203

I DOWNLOADED KINDLE SOMEHOW ON MY I-PAD. I TRIED TO PURCHASE

Customer Question

i DOWNLOADED KINDLE SOMEHOW ON MY I-PAD. I TRIED TO PURCHASE AND INSTALL THE ONE YEAR 20 LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR. SOMEHOW... I GOT CONNECTED TO "PREIUM TECH. SUPPORT ( 1-***-***-**** ) WHICH APPARENTLY OPERATES OUT OF INDIA. THEY CHARGED MY MASTER CARD FOR $167.99 PAID TO WEBINFOTECH AT(###) ###-####IN N.J. --- THEN INSISTED THAT THEY NEEDED TO GET INTO MY COMPUTER TO DO THE DOWNLOAD. THEY APPEARED TO HAVE DOWNLOADED MOST EVERYTHING FROM MY HARD DRIVE. I ATTACHED MY I-PAD TO MY COMPUTER. AFTER 3 HOURS, THE TECH STILL, GOING THRU AMAZON, HADN'T BEEEN ABLE TO GET IT DOWNLOADED. ARE THESE LEGITIMATE TECH SUPPORT FIRMS, OR.... DID I JUST GET ROALLY SCREWED, AND GET ALL MY PERSONAL INFO. STOLEN ??????
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

That is absolutely a scam, and you need to dispute the charges to your card immediately. Scammer adviser rates the company as not being legit, as you can see by clicking HERE. The number for Amazon is(###) ###-#### ***** would also change my Amazon password ***** I were you, and maybe the passwords on your iPad as well.