John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a Garmin Alpha TT 10 dog training collar that quit

Customer Question

I have a Garmin Alpha TT 10 dog training collar that quit working in the field. I have two dogs and two collars. The handset and the other collar are connecting correctly and operating well, so I know the problem is in the collar.
I had the collar on the dog and was afield when it no longer would connect to the handset. I cannot stimulate the dog with it and when I look at the screen it just shows a question mark for that particular collar.
When I got in from hunting I recharged both the collar and the handset. The collar turns on and stays on so I don't think it's a battery issue. Any suggestions? I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Is there a repair place to take it to here? Where should I send it? Any test I can do to diagnose the problem further and fix myself?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Are you saying that you tried manually reconnecting the collar to the handset?