Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Computer, Audio, Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We have a projector model PT-AX1001U at our church and we

Customer Question

We have a projector model PT-AX1001U at our church and we replaced the lamp with an off brand lamp bc of price but the screen shows "replace lamp" is this a manfacurer safety or is there a reset button.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

If there is picture and you are seeing replace lamp on the screen then it is simply because the lamp timer needs to be reset. Has nothing to do with the type of lamp you installed. To reset lamp timer:

1. Press the MENU button to display the menu screen, and select the OPTION menu.
2. Press the ENTER button, and then select LAMP RUNTIME.
3. Press and hold the ENTER button for approximately 3 seconds. The confirmation screen, “LAMP RUNTIME RESET.” is displayed and select OK.
4. Turn off the power. This will reset the cumulative usage time for the lamp unit to zero and get rid of the replace lamp message.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We will do these steps tomorrow.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Don't forget to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS before you go. Doing so does not prevent future replies.

Thanks.