Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

I have been searching AC Adaptor, model TEAC-35-120400u.

Customer Question

Hi. I have been searching for an AC Adaptor, model TEAC-35-120400u. Input:120vac, 60Hz, 7.2 W; Output-12VAC 400mA. Can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could yu please give me the model number of the unit that this is to be used with ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a beacon Buoy floating light model no.NA428
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Beacon Buoy- I believe it is discontinued but getting it to work anyway. Replaced batteries, connections (serial wiring) and bulb. The adaptor is blown along with one of the batteries. I spliced another ac adaptor with specs that exceeded the minimum of 120vac 60mz, 7.2 w input and 12vac, 400ma output. The unit powers on but voltage draw appears to be under 1 v so the lightbulb won't come on and the unit won't properly charge. The cord with the 2 pin connection (critical) is 18 ga. wire, 2 pair, and the ac adaptor wire is slightly smaller, probably 20 or 22awg. Can you help me?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but even harder to find

I`m afraid i will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I could find an ac adaptor that meets the minimum specs of this unit I could splice it but needs to have 2 pair 18awg cable. I hope I didn't pay for a no solution conclusion. This adaptor was made by TEAC, Certainly they make something close to compatible. Respectfully submitted.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Well i actually thought of suggesting such because the specs are here .

So if you don`t mind doing a bit of work on this then i will be happy to help you with that

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain those 2 pairs ?

You have 2 leads coming out of the adaptor beside the ac cord ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Or do you mean 2 wires instead of 2 pairs ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, 2 wires.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k and the original teac adapter , is it completely dead ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you suggest another ac adaptor that I can splice, I think the voltage output to the unit has a chance of working if the wires are 18 awg. I am not an electrician but it seems to make sense. I am not even getting 1 v output now if I am testing correctly. just enough to power the unit so the green light goes on.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Are you testing in AC or DC and by the way , the gauge (AWG) is not critical here to the point that it would work versus not working at all so the problem is definitely not there

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That 18 AWG you are talking about anyway would be the AC cord ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Remember the output is AC and it should be 12 volts so if you have that requirement with the other ac adapter you bought then the problem is not there .

Test for 12 volts ac while things are connected (loaded)

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That is test the output of that adapter for 12 volts ac

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

When you say that the adapter you bought exceed the original specs , can you give me its specs ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

sorry but will step out for a bit , its been over 1/2 hour since your last reply