John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

How do I set the the time on my Sangeon Alrarm Clock

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 year ago.

Is it an RCR 22?

Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I find out what kind it is? I can take a pic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an RCR 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It had RDS - Radio Controlled time - but it's not doing it. I think that's because the Bluetooth like icon in the upper left is not flashing like it normally is.

Do you have the manual - if not I've attached it.

Pg 25 covers setting the clock time

Pg 27 for RDS clock setting

Sorry, can'tcall as I'm in the UK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries - but can you tell me via text instead of telling me to read the manual?

Sure

1. Press and hold the Info/menu button

2. Rotate the Tuning control until a clock symbol appears on the display. Press and release the Tuning control to enter the setting.

3. Rotate the Tuning control until RDS CT appears on the display. Press and release the Tuning control to confirm the setting. The clock time of the radio will set up automatically according to the RDS data received

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - I hold down the info button and release. I then turn the tuning dial until I see the word clock. Is that right? Not a symbol but the word? But after I click on the tying dial only the option to set comes on and then cycles through the hour, time etc to manually set the time. So I did that, and the time is set. But I want to make the RDS CT come on so what am I doing wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tuning dial

Don't release the info button

Should be a symbol of a clock

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the info button held down the tuning dial doesn't do anything if I turn it. I can click on it, but RDS CT doesn't come up by clicking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can cycle through by pressing on the tuning dial until what looks like it may be a clock on the left and WWVB on the right. Does that mean anything?

Can you pick up RDS radio stations OK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I tell if it's an RDS radio station I have turned on?

There's a symbol to the left of the time display, under the battery symbol

WWB relates to using radio-controlled clock settings, which is fine and works as follows:

To set up the clock time using the Radio-controlled clock function, press and hold the Info/menu button when the unit is in power off mode.

3. Rotate the Tuning control until DCF77 (European version), WWVB (US version), JJY40/60 (Japan version) or MSF (UK version) appears on the display. Press and release the Tuning control to confirm the setting. And the clock time of the radio will set up automatically to the Radio-controlled clock time.

4. If the radio-controlled clock signal is being received by the radio, the radio-controlled time icon will flash on the display at an internal of 1 second. If the radio is not receiving any radio-controlled clock signal, the radio-controlled time icon will flash at an interval of 3 seconds.

5. The radio will synchronize its clock time on the hour. If the radio time has been synchronized with radio-controlled clock time, the radio-controlled time icon will stay on the LCD display and the radio will keep synchronizing its clock time every odd hour on the hour. If the radio is receiving the radio-controlled clock signal but is not yet synchronized to the radio-controlled clock time, it will synchronize its clock time at every hour on the hour.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the radio control time icon. It should now be set to RDS CT. But I cannot tell if it is working. I don't see anything flashing at all - not one or 3 intervals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it set the time on the hour or should I see something flashing to know it is working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Darn - it's on RDS but didn't synch!

The radio controlled time icon is top left. In radio controlled setting it won't use RDS CT, but will synch every odd hour on the hour, 1pm, 3pm , etc

If the radio controlled icon is not showing I'd suggest you go back to the point where you saw WWVB and then press and release the tuning control - you should then see the icon and then it will update the time every odd hour on the hour, 1pm, 3pm , etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now - I'm a bit confused. Who knew this could be confusing?? So, it no longer says WWVB - It says RDS CT - that's what we want - right? But the radio controlled icon is not showing and it always was before. So - is being on RDS CT good enough? Or do we have to get that icon going again? It is noon here, it didn't synch - but will it at 1:00? If we need to get the radio controlled icon going for it to synch time. How do we do that? You probably went over that already, but do indulge me and tell me again!

Let's see if RS CT works first. For it to synch you need to be tuned to a radio station using RDS with CT signals.

Can you tune to an RDS station and get the RDS symbol showing?

The advantage of radio controlled is you don't need to worry about using an RDS station with CT signals

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get back to later so we can work on this until it's done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to take care of my little girl right now!

It's pretty late here in UK, so I'll opt out and let someone else pick this up with you.

All the best,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone else can help me until my issue is satisfied?

Hi Faith,

Did you manage to get it working?

Rich

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for following up! No - I didn't :-(
Either Radio Controlled or RDS CT yet. I am working so I am hoping to have time Wednesday morning my time to work on it. Do you work on Wednesday?

I could be available around this time or an hour or so earlier on Wednesday, if that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Faith,

Please let me know if you want to run through this again today.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard - I woke up late today and had to rush off to work. Will you be available early (my time) on Friday morning? You remembered!

Hi Faith,

I should be available around the same time I messaged you today, if not Saturday.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard - I noticed you texted at 11:45 my time. If that will be the case lets go over it on Sat as I will be at work at 11:45. I was thinking 6AM my time would work for Friday but if you are not in until around 11:30 lets shoot for Saturday.

Hi Faith,

Yes, let's go for Saturday.

Best Regards,