Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I was looking how to solve a problem with myPanasonic

Customer Question

I was looking how to solve a problem with myPanasonic SC-PM27 system,the cd tray stop working all of suden doesn't open . I did unpluged for 15min then plug back in,hold the power button for 10 secnds but it ididn't work.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did exactly what you told me and i didn't work. by the way there's no disc inside the cd tray,so i think this is it. Thanks though
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

A disc inside is just a possible cause of obstruction.

The failure of these other steps, whether there is a disc inside or not, would confirm a hardware fault that would ultimately require repairs.

For a system of this type/age, it simply isn't worth repairing however.

You'd spend more on labor alone than you would to replace the entire system with a new one.

You could of course use it as-is, and connect an external cd player or ipod as well.

If you'd like some replacement suggestions, just let me know.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”, even though the news was not. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1e81djv

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,