Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How do you Transfer a Survey Job File or Text Coordinate

Customer Question

How do you Transfer a Survey Job File or Text Coordinate File from A Nikon Nivo C to a Recon Data Collector and vice versa? Both are using Trimble TDS Survey Pro.
Thanks a million
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you mean just they physical means of file transfer, I would suggest connecting each one to a computer, and looking at the contents of the device in the context of a disk drive (with files on it.)

On a Windows computer, that would be achieved by connecting with a USB cable for instance, to the device, then looking in

Start - Computer

or in Windows Explorer, etc., for the "disk drive number" that the device would hopefully show up as.

Perhaps this does not apply to one or both of the devices. If not, utilizing what memory card or USB flash drive storage capability each one has, in conjunction with a memory card reader (or USB port) on a computer, would possibly solve the difficulty.

Or is the problem of file compatibility?