Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have an Optoma TX 760 projector. I just replaced the DMD

Customer Question

I have an Optoma TX 760 projector. I just replaced the DMD chip because it was showing white dots on the screen. When I turned the projector back on the dots were gone but now my image is split (left to right). I tried to adjust it out in my display settings but the Horizontal adjustment wouldn't go far enough to remove it. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Have you tried first no doing a factory reset after the new IC was installed?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not. Do you know how to do that with this model?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi they don't list that info. But try this unplug the unit and press and hold the power button on the projector for 5 full seconds then release it next wait 5 full minutes then plug the projector back in and try this once again. let me know what happens?

I will check further for this if there is another one the recommend for this operation.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reset and the problem is still there...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that, this one doesn't explain the factory reset so you can gain full control so that new IC can set in correctly.

You will need to contact tech support at Optima for that as per your user manual, also there should be a phone contact # ***** there for the fastest service.

I wish I could do more.

I wish you the best an di will keep checking on this as well for you.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out how to reset in the manual. I cannot get troubleshooting support from Optima. You have to send in the machine to them. That is why I contacted you. Is this the only solution you have to offer?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi basically when I replace these chips I also replace the resistors that work with the chip because they may be out of tolerance now as well, so they wont allow you to now set the new chip to its correct positions due to a bad resistor. I always replace all of those as well. If that is beyond your scope you may need to send it in for service to get this fixed.

I wish you the best with this and if you can solder and have surface mount experience and tools please let me know and I will help you replace the resistors as well.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a customer service number I can call or e-mail?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi please visit this site or call:

http://www.optomausa.com/us/tech-support/contact-us-americas.aspx

Phone:

Optoma USA*****
Fremont, CA 94538
USA

Customer service:(###) ###-####
1-***-***-****
(7am – 5pm PST)

Please rate kindly ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have some "limited" experience with solder and motherboards. Can you tell me where and what resistors should be replaced. Can these be purchased at Radio Shack?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi you will need to get them from a specialty supply, Radio Shack doesn't carry those.

Also these are surface mount type so you need surface mount equipment to do this without damaging the board.

I didn't see if you mentioned having that stuff. lol. Please let me know.Thanks

Tech Michael