John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My logitech 650 remote doesn't offer me the option of adding

Customer Question

my logitech 650 remote doesn't offer me the option of adding my Yamaha soundbar as the 'controller of volume"... how do i get the remote to include that?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help....the 650 is programmed using your computer/laptop. Is that how you are trying to find the correct controller of volume?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Via computer I log onto the Logitech site for step by step instructions. The third option asks to identify what component will be controlling volume and does not offer the Yamaha soundbar. The soundbar is the base/speakers with volume. Tv volume is turned off and the installation software only offers the volume control on the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that answer your question? Would this be better done if we skype or do a 'go to'?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm only familiar with Logitech's desktop software. You can download it for free and I think you will find that it has a lot more options. You can download it HERE.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Give it a try. It definitely will give you that option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an additional charge? It seems to say that
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

For the software? No it should be free.