Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How do I reset a sentry safe sbw3500? I can't find my

Customer Question

How do I reset a sentry safe sbw3500 ? I can't find my manual, after batteries died, we replaced and our code doesn't work anymore.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Here's the manual for the Fire-safe model that you have (in three languages "in-parallel"):

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/514472.pdf

It is possible that you need to set up the combination anew owing to the battery failure and replacement. So try the 'Set combination' sequence, carefully and from the manual, if other methods of entering the old, or the new, combination fail to work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not help me in resolving my problem. I have already downloaded the manual for free from sentry. I need the 5 digit factory code for this model, otherwise this is totally useless and definitely not worth paying for.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

You will definitely have to apply to Sentry Safes for that factory code. I do not have the factory code, nor can I obtain it for you by any measure whatsoever.

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

is the page to go to. You may have to submit information to prove that you are the owner of the safe, and it may have to be notarized, and it may have to be mailed to you by the Postal Service rather than by email... I think, from what I know of Sentry Safe's procedures, that any of these may be the case.