Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My system kelps displaying protecet

Customer Question

My system kelps displaying protecet
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expeort Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

The described symptom and displayed message almost always point to an internal hardware issue particularly if "...disconnected speakers , disconnecting from mains..." have been tried.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No acces to any of the above
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

Still, I did a preliminary review of the repair/Service Manual and it confirms the likelihood of an internal hardware issue.

Options then are:

• • consider a very involving DIY (do-it-yourself) repair if and only if comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry, electro-mechanical parts, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity;
  • • should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center or an independent repair shop / qualified professional;
  • • evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, age, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have to resort to a repair agent. Will this be a one off payment. As i do not want to subscribefor a week or a month
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes to my understanding (not unless you specifically selected to subscribe).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.