Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

I have my combination but do not remember which way to start

Customer Question

I have my combination but do not remember which way to start and how many turns. Combination is 49 9 93 63
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to assume that you have a Sentry safe; if not, please let me know the brand of your safe.

Here is the dialing sequence for a 4 number combination:

First, 'clear' the dial by turning it to the right or left, gently, three or four times.

Turn the dial to zero.

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) four times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination three times, stopping on it the fourth time).

Turn the dial to the right (clockwise) three times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number twice, stopping on it the third time).

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) two times to the third number of the combination (pass the third number of your combination one time, stopping on it the second time).

Turn the dial to the right to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).

-------------------------------

I hope this helped.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher