Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

This is a question about connecting the nuvi 55 to the

Customer Question

This is a question about connecting the nuvi 55 to the computer. I have a hard error making the connection between my computer's USB port and the nuvi 55. Changing USB ports doesn't correct the problem. Changing computers doesn't correct the problem. Changing nuvis doesn't correct the problem. I have an older nuvi 1450 that doesn't have this problem. What can I do next?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your device(s).

You said:

"Changing nuvis doesn't correct the problem." &

"I have an older nuvi 1450 that doesn't have this problem."

So does that mean that you have TWO or more Nuvi 55 units that you are trying to connect to the computer?

Also, are you using the SAME USB cable between the Nuvi 55 and Nuvi 1450 - with the same computer?

One other thing: What type of computer (Windows, Mac, etc.) are you using and what does happen when you physically connect these different devices?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did fine. JustAnswer was a ripoff.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

If you would like to rate MY service (my attempt to help), you should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

But if you still have more questions or issues, please let me know and we can continue here.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)