Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Today when start scanning with my neat desk top scanner,I

Customer Question

Today when start scanning with my neat desk top scanner,I get a message that (there was a problem communicating with your scanner,check your paper or disconnect scanner for 5 sec)I did everything but it still give me the same message.I am using a Mac and yesterday I upgraded to OSX El Capitan. Do you think that has anything to do with it. I need help resolving this issue.Majed *****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think it is very likely that the upgrade to the El Capitan version of MAC OS X, is what is responsible for the problem with using your Neat scanner.

Identify the scanner's model #, please, so that I can research further about this problem, and hopefully find (if there is one) and cite and recommend to you, the proper driver to use with this Neat scanner and MAC OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
scanner modle ND-1000 desk top neat
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Disconnect the scanner and turn it Off.

Then go to where the scanner is listed in your devices, select it, and remove it from the list of devices.

Then restart your computer.

Then when it is restarted, download the Neat ND1000 driver for Mac from this page:

http://www.neat.com/helpcenter/download-neat-scanner-drivers/

- scroll down to the heading, Download scanner drivers for Mac, and then find the link for ND1000 and follow the instructions.