Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a control 4 remote that is not allowing me to change

Customer Question

I have a control 4 remote that is not allowing me to change TV channels or operate any functions related to the TV other than turning the TV on and off. How can I resolve this problem? I've missed 2 Green Bay Packer Games so far and I'm really hoping I can change the channel to watch the next one!! :)
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your Control 4 remote is not 'broken' in some way, the solution should be easy enough.

The question is: Was your Control 4 remote working, previously to this problem, with the current TV that it is not working with? if it was working previously, it might be broken.

Have you registered your remote with your MyControl4 account? that is needed.

Have you tried (once that is done, or if that is done already) pressing

4

on the remote, making the menu for setup and selection appear on your TV ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working previously with the same TV. We have the same equipment have not changed anything. We had a technician from Best Buy set it up initially and I believe he registered everything.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's good to know. But if you had no hand in the initial registration and configuration of the Control 4 device, I cannot tell you to just go through the setup again (which is most probably what it needs, to work again.)

You may have to make a choice between learning how to do the setup yourself, painfully and over much time, or just call in Best Buy's techs again.

What do you think, and which approach would you prefer to pursue?