Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

Safe will not open using normal procedure. Does not show low

Customer Question

Safe will not open using normal procedure. Does not show low battery.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

I'm sorry you did not receive an earlier answer, but various experts are online at different times and I just received notification of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

I just have a few questions, in order to assist you better:

Is your safe made by Sentry? If not, who is the manufacturer?

What is the model number?

Does the safe also require a key to open, in conjunction with the combination?

Are you 100% sure of your code?

Sometimes, the low battery indicator does not always show when the batteries still have some juice, but not enough to power open the door, so the first thing I would do is change the batteries. If you don't know how to do this, please ask me and also tell me what kind of batteries the safe takes. Thanks!

What is the 'normal procedure' you are using?

Best wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I'm just following up with you to see how you're coming along with your safe and if you found my suggestions helpful.

Did you change the batteries and get the safe open? Please let me know if you did. If not, and your safe also requires a key, if the safe is made by Sentry and the key is round and hollow, turn the key first, to pop out the cylinder, REMOVE the key, and then enter your code. Turn the handle down within 4 seconds of entering your code. If the handle won't turn down, turn it up. If you don't receive an 'open' or green light indicator or 'proceed' or open lock icon on your screen, you could have a defective actuator (opening mechanism) and will need to call the manufacturer to report this. If the safe is made by Sentry, you can call their Customer Service department at

1-***-***-****

Hours: 8AM - 6PM Eastern time, Monday - Friday.

Also, be sure your combination is 100% correct and you or someone in your household has not changed it. If you need to retrieve your combination from Sentry, if you're not sure of it, I can provide information on how to do that.

Please let me know if your safe is made by Sentry or another company, as this will make it easier to help you further.

Please take a moment to Rate my answer so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Cher