Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I purchased a pioneer PL-990 automatic stereo turntable, Im

Customer Question

I purchased a pioneer PL-990 automatic stereo turntable, Im waiting for it to be delivered.I have a old amplifer with a phono plug. in the back of it. Can i still use this amplifier for my new turntable or do you recommend something else that will not cost me alot of money?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...old amplifer with a phono plug..."

Still, if the existing amplifier has a pair of RCA jacks labeled PHONO, then yes, it should normally work with the Pioneer PL-990 with no add-on/external devices.