Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I've got a Panasonic home theatre SA BTT 775. I recently

Customer Question

Hi guys,
I've got a Panasonic home theatre SA BTT 775. I recently tried to update the firmware and since then I've been getting a "W OPE" message on the little display screen. I can't seem to be able to do anything else, nothing works even when I try to turn it off. The only was is to take off the power plug and whenever I put it back on, the bluray player turns on by itself and displays that message again.
If you guys could advise what to do please? Thank you.
Regards,
Krish
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, can you please consider/try leaving it plugged in even for a very long extended period of time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.I left it on last night and this morning, nothing's changed. Should I try to leave it on a whole day?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes please; W OPE would be indicative of a Writing OPEration. Unplugging it and then plugging it back in would cause the upgrade/update saving process to start all over again.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie,So I left it on since yesterday afternoon and still no changes. What can I do next?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and appreciate the post back. Sorry to hear the lack of development.

This would be indicative of a failed write process. The only option left then is to manually "flash" the firmware into the EEPROM of the SA-BTT775. This would require the use of a specialized jig and therefore must be done by an authorized Panasonic Service Center. Please contact Panasonic Australia 132 600 and have the below information ready.

1. Product model number
  2. Serial number
  3. Purchase date
  4. Retail store name

In the mean time, keep the unit still plug in.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help anyway. I will give them a call to check what they can do.Regards,
Krish
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate your kind understanding.

And again, sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.