Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

English instructions cn-d050d strada?

Customer Question

English instructions for a cn-d050d strada?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A source for the DVD would be helpful
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is Michael.

Can you please confirm the item is made by Phillips.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - it is a Panasonic CN-D050D which is in the car I have just imported from Japan to New Zealand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is a 2008 Nissan - the unit seems to be professionally installed with GPS receivers fore and aft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As it is 2315 my time (1115 GMT) I am going off line - back in 12 hours and look forward to your considered response.
Cheers

Hello and Welcome back.

Now that I know it came pre-mounted in the car by the manufacturer, the only way you are going to get that manual in english is by ordering a PDF translation of the original Japanese User Manual to English through the GPS authorized reseller.....and I found out who used to sell it. I'm giving you a link where you will find at the bottom of the screen a very convenient way to contact them. You might have to wait until Monday as they only operate on business days.

http://www.nengun.com/panasonic/strada-portable-dvd-cn-d050d-303390

Any other way you are going to find it only in Japanese.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I enquired at that site and rcvd the following
"Sorry we are unable to help with anything to do with CD Players, Navigation, SD Cards and Manuals, Converting Japanese to English and any parts or cables what so ever. We only have used players on our site. We are not authorized to trade in audio or navigational equipment."
Any further suggestions please?

The only other option would be to translate the Japanese version of the manual. But as for the New Zealand maps, it doesn't appear to be an option for the Strada CN-D050D.

Since Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. no longer distributes these type of equipment anymore for Panasonic since mid 2000s, You have no option other than translating the User Manual using Google Translate and submitting the the PDF manual that Im attaching here for you if you don't already have it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That worked (sort of). However that was the installation manual - not the instruction manual. Any idea where to find the full user/instruction manual ?

Hello and Welcome back.

YES, I found it for you, but make sure to use the new Internet Browser EDGE if you are using Windows 10 or Internet Explorer as Google Chrome's did NOT open properly.....the document should download automatically.

PANASONIC CN-D050D

http://ja.yourpdfguides.com/dref/769039

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - this is turning into a bit of a saga ! Finally downloaded the file. Unfortunately it is only part of the manual, mostly routing information pages 49 to 101 - then Google Translate said it was too large. Found a PDF splitter that worked and finally got a sort of translation. Any thoughts on how to get the rest of the pages?
PS: Thanks for your work so far, no idea where you are getting the pages from......

Hello there and Welcome back.

Unfortunately Google Translate can't process over 5 pages at once, never mind that manual which is over 200 pages. I hate to tell you that you might have to buy a program offered in your country of residence that might do the full 200+pages PDF translation or with lots of patience copy and paste page by page making your own book on your down time as being the alternative solution...sadly that manual was never meant to be in English by the manufacturer.

Wish you the best of lucks on your project and Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Note: Google Translate did at least 10 pages at a time. The whole manual is under 200 pages (actually 189 - I have copy in front of me). My question remains - where can I get the complete manual? I will transfer the bits I need 10 pages at a time....

translate.google.com will allow you to translate the pages. Do you have the pages of the manual, or no? If you have them physically, you will have to scan them into PDF.

The link that I gave you does indeed have all the pages. I just double checked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I rechecked - pages 48 to 100 only - see page numbers at bottom of each page. Or is my download faulty?

Can you check to see if this manual matches the D050D?

http://bitli.es/jgwoxf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, although an interesting read, it is for a different unit (probably much more modern).

I downloaded the original for you and put it on my one drive. This is the entire manual. Ignore the page 49 on the bottom. The first half is one language and the second half another. This is the second half.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6531C5E083B5BD4D!9699&authkey=!ABjishbj6tD1gh4&ithint=file%2cpdf