John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I HAVE PANASONIC SSURROUND DVD TURNS ON YELLOW LIGHTS FLASH

Customer Question

i HAVE PANASONIC SSURROUND DVD TURNS ON YELLOW LIGHTS FLASH ALSO RED LIGHT BY THE DISPLAY.
SHUTS DOWN AND TURNS BACK ON.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...and then disconnecting all speaker/wires before trying again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE ONLY THING CONNECTED NOW IS THE POWER CORD. IS THERE A WAY TO MANUALLY OPEN THE CD TRAY?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Then it would be indicative of an internal hardware issue as the Panasonic SA-PT950 is kicking in auto-protect mode.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Equally important, could you make use of the repair/Service Manual or at the very least, the schematic diagrams?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHEN I REQUESTED A MANUAL AVAST DETECTED A THREAT AND REFUSED TO DOWNLOAD.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Would that be the User's Manual or the Service Manual please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WILL YOU CALL ME AT xxx-xxx-xxxx
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I'm located in another region hence phone calls would not be practical.

Would you perhaps prefer a second opinion / alternate approach to your concern. I can opt out to re-open this to the other members of the site.