Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I have a Garmin Nuvi 2455LMT, I find it does not retain its

Customer Question

Hi I have a Garmin Nuvi 2455LMT, I find it does not retain its battery power. I have had it for 2 1/2 years and I don't use it every day only occasionally. I charge it before through my USB through the computer or from a USB power point, but now it wont retain its power, What should I do, should I send it away for repair. Garmin Australia says it will cost $ 118.00 dollars to repair and send back and its better to buy a new one. What do you think is wrong with the Garmin.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the battery issue with your device.

First, may I ask:

HOW LONG does the battery last IF it is allowed to FULLY charge (about 4 hours from a HIGH POWER adapter or 6 hours from a computer), and then you turn the device on?

Next, may I ask: Do you believe you have the capability of taking the case apart on this device, and installed a new battery yourself (or with the help of a friend)?

If so, batteries for these devices can usually be found online (eBay comes to mind) for a reasonable price ~ AU $20-$25.

Here is an example search I just did on eBay (click link below).

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=nuvi%202455%20battery&ssPageName=GSTL

If you want to see how the battery is replaced, I have a link to a video that shows that process.

Nuvi 2455 battery replacement video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqtHzQznQLY

Please take a look and let me know if you think you (or a friend) could do that.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)