AnswermanRob
AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Experience:  FCC License w/Radar Endorsement, 5 yrs of experience teaching aviation electronics, 20yrs total exp
24991566

I have charged my kindle overnight. Still nothing but a

Customer Question

I have charged my kindle overnight. Still nothing but a brief 'green light" and then nothing. I have unplugged the source of power and held the power button for 20 seconds as suggested. Still, just a very brief green light and then nothing. I can not even get into the Kindle to turn off some button that might be using more power. Please help. Leslie
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  AnswermanRob replied 1 year ago.

Try a deeper reset. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 30 minutes. After that AND WHILE STILL PLUGGED IN, press or slide and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After that, try using it. Let me know the approximate purchase date if it still fails to function.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have plugged it in now and in 30 minutes I will try your second suggestion. Do you think my battery is spent? or that the Kindle is too old? I do not know how old it is.

It may be the battery. They last 2-3 years on average. If you can provide the tiny model number on the back, I can find the battery you will need.