Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How do i install the honeywell scanner in sam4s register?

Customer Question

how do i install the honeywell scanner in sam4s register?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know if i have to do something else than just connect it to the register?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret that I will not be able to offer Live Phone Service at this time.

To some extent it depends upon what Honeywell scanner, exactly, you want to work with your SAM4S register.

Some scanner models require that special bar codes be scanned, to setup the scanner.

Just for instance, the Honeywell 1300G barcode scanner needs these two barcodes scanned:

https://www.technology4retailers.com/%5Cimages%5Cdocument%5Chardware%5C1300g%20setup%20for%20aimsi.pdf

If you can tell me the model # ***** your barcode scanner, I will be able to give you specific information on its setup. The model of the Honeywell scanner matters too, you see, more than the model of the register.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scanners model is MS-9540
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

https://na7.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#00000000SK3U/a/A0000000Q2h1/nMZJrgyH7eiAjmnWewUZTlBwBabrhV0_NmcWZzN80cI

contains the bar codes needed to configure the MS9540 VoyagerCG scanner to various types of interface. Note, those interface types are appropriate to installing the scanner on a Windows computer not a SAM4S register. It's possible (given that there is no mention of configuring it for a register) that you just plug the scanner in, period.