Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have a kindle fire about 4or 5 years old, it will turn on,

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire about 4or 5 years old, it will turn on, give the correct time and date, but the unlock arrow will not respond. I have held the off key for the count if 20 and all it does is ask if I want to power down and again not respond to the touch. I bought a new kindle last year as we use it only when we travel. I hate to give up on this one as it has had so little use. It seems to be touch screen failure. Any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to charge the kindle, and while charging it, press and hold the Power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds this time, then turn it back on and check?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it did not work

I'm sorry. So it does not let you swipe / go to settings, etc. Unfortunately, that means the kindle's touchscreen is bad, so you would need a new kindle. And/or if you do not know yet, would you like to read all your books on another device of yours, such as a windows or mac computer, or a tablet or smartphone, etc.?

Please let me know. Thank you. Thank you.