Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

Is it possible that my Kindle is worn out. I have ordered a

Customer Question

Is it possible that my Kindle is worn out. I have ordered a book twice in 48 hours and it is still not on my Kindle. Last Night I turned the Kindle on and I had 161 books. Every book that I have ever read was back. The Kindle is slow to react when I swipe it to change pages. Most of the time it just want do it or it jumps around. Seems to me that it is either shot or gone mad.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. It is possible it is starting to fail, how old is it? It is also possible you are seeing all the books in your archive. If that is the case try opening one that was not on there, if it was archived it will start downloading when you try to open it. As for the new book open the store on the Kindle itself and go to that book. You should be able to open it without buying it there, opening it will force it to download.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Kindle is three years old and heavily used. It just got stuck in the book store. It would not download.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Do not open duplicate questions, you need to reply here.

Expert:  larry-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Please make sure to reply here.