I'm sorry about the issue. Please make sure your software is updated on the phone: Go to Settings app icon, then General, then About phone, then Software Update, then check for updates there (Or Settings -> System updates).
- If that does not work, please try the following:
- From the Home screen, open Apps icon, then it will show all your apps
, then open Settings app icon (if needed, swipe left or right to see more apps)
, then select the All tab at the top (if needed, swipe left or right to see the All tab)
, then scroll down, then tap on the app called Messaging (or Messages, etc.), then tap on Clear Cache and check. If needed, tap on Clear Data and check.
, if needed, do similar steps above, and this time, clear cache / clear data for the app called SMS if available.
- If that does not work, open the Messaging app (your text message app), then go to settings / menu there, then enable the option "Delete old messages", or something similar, then check
; if needed, press and hold the Power on/off button on the phone, then tap on the Restart option, and confirm, then check.
- If that still does not work, instead of using the default Messaging app, please open Play Store, then there, type / search for the Go SMS Pro app, and install it, then use it for text messaging, and check.
- The text messaging app Go SMS Pro should work very well, but if you don't like it, you can try another text messaging app, such as Textra SMS or Handcent Next SMS.
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.