Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I'm ready to go on a 3 hour trip. My GPS says low battery?

Customer Question

I'm ready to go on a 3 hour trip. My GPS says low battery? What can I do before I leave?
1. hook to computer
2. Hope that it charges while riding in the car?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. It sounds like the battery may be dying and needs to be replaced. If that is the case leave it connected to the charger in your car, it should be able to run off the charger alone unless the battery has failed completely. But for not you would want to charge it with either your computer or a wall outlet if you have a wall adapter you can use to do that. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your GPS.